Monday 17 December 2007

Golf Practice

Golf Practice
All these years, I’d fallen into the trap of practising incorrectly as it turns out have most of my golfing buddies. My typical golf ‘regime’ was: A trip to the range once or maybe twice a month; tweak a few things based on something I could just about remember the gist of from the latest golf magazine, hit a few balls. In fact typically I’d hit so many balls in an attempt to find some form that eventually my hands and timing would become good enough to compensate for the obvious inadequacies in my game and I’d eventually hit some semi reasonable strikes aimlessly down the driving range. For every 100 balls my ratio was probably 80% driver/3 wood; 10% mid irons, 0% long irons, 10% wedges….and 0% putting and 0% bunker play. Let’s face it there’s only 1 bunker on our driving range (and this probably mirrors the paucity of facilities at most UK driving ranges). The trouble with this approach was that it bred inconsistency. Somedays I’d play OK and others I’d be all over the place - and yet there seemed to be no rhyme or reason to it.


Pete Cowen calls it “Find it, Lose it!”. One day you think you have it the next day you don’t. But the truth is you never did. In chatting to these top coaches I soon realised that my ‘regime’ of trial and error golf was in fact stopping me getting better. So with their help we set about devising some instruction products that helped me set a programme of improvement that would lead to a lasting and marked improvement in my standard of play and enjoyment.



We have since produced a series of golf lessons, golf gifts and golf DVDs that are designed with this in mind. They are modular and are designed so that you can work on one thing at a time and implement it correctly (which is more than half the problem for most golfers). We have had some great results - here’s some golf product reviews and golf testimonials from real golfers. And here’s mine! I have improved from 24 handicap to 13 handicap in 18 months! I’m thrilled but know I can get to single figures with the right practice and help. I have posted what has worked for me on the next post. Would love to hear your thoughts on what has worked for you.

No comments:

Podcasts - Pocketshots video free golf lesson downloads to iPod, iTunes, mobile phones

Pocketshots - Free Golf Video Lessons from famous European Tour golf coaches